About Canada Restaurant News
ISHCOM PUBLICATIONS - 22 YEARS YOUNG
Hard to believe that it's been more than 20 years since Steve Isherwood launched Ontario Restaurant News, the first of Ishcom's Publications offering National Coverage with Regional Focus. Ishcom now has three restaurant industry publications, Ontario Restaurant News, Atlantic Restaurant News and Pacific/Prairie Restaurant News. Ishcom also offers regional directories of key hospitality industry chains, both on-line and in print format, plus a custom publishing division.
In March, 2004, Ishcom added a fourth magazine to our hospitality industry lineup to serve the accommodation sector â€” Canadian Lodging News.
The company launched its core brand, Ontario Restaurant News, in 1986, to service Canadaâ€™s number one market, Ontario. Covering the province from Kenora to Cornwall, it quickly developed a reputation for leadership, winning support and awards from every major association in the province. Tabloid in format with dazzling colour, Ontario Restaurant News was innovative. It reinvented media with its immediacy and impact.
In 1995, a bi-monthly publication, Pacific/Prairie Restaurant News, was launched to serve Canadaâ€™s second largest market, the four Western Provinces. It was followed four years later with the launch of Atlantic Restaurant News, the only publication serving the needs of Atlantic Canada.
Ishcom's distinctive concept â€” national coverage with regional focus â€” has established Ishcom Publications as the industry leader with dramatically more circulation, more editorial and more pages published than any other media in the Canadian industry. Our 2005 Starch survey (PDF file) reinforces these results.
- National coverage, regional focus. Option of national or regional coverage.
- #1 in Market penetration in each region. No one even comes close.
- Quality award winning editorial, recognized by the industry.
- Flexibility in market saturation, advertising size and frequency.
- Readers who are important, influential, involved and responsive, as indicated in our 2005 Starch survey.
- â€śStarchedâ€ť pass along readership of 4.9 readers per copy.
- Impact and immediacy of four colour TAB size pages on glossy, coated paper
Contact Steve Isherwood